Arriving in Vietnam, all visitors must fill in Declaration Forms and show their luggage to Customs Officials upon request. There are no limited amounts of foreign currency, objects made of gold, silver, precious metals and gemstones or plated with silver or gold but visitors must declare these in detail on the customs forms. The following information will be useful for tourists who enjoy Vietnam travel and intend to take part in Vietnam tours for their1 Vietnam holidays.
Tourists are authorized to bring in the following items duty-free:
Cigarettes: 400 pieces; Cigars: 100 pieces; Tobacco: 500 gram.
Alcohol at 22º and above: 1.5 liters; Alcohol below 22º: 2.0 liters; Alcoholic beverage: 3.0 liters.
Personal effects of a reasonable quantity, small gift items valued at not more than US$ 500.
It is prohibited for any visitor to bring into Vietnam the followings:
* Weapons, ammunition, explosives and inflammable objects, military technical equipment, toxic chemicals, debauched and reactionary products, firecrackers of all kinds, toys with negative impacts on the dignity education, social security and safety, cigarettes beyond the stipulated quantity, etc.
* Opium and other narcotics.
* Cultural materials unsuitable to Vietnamese society.
Luggage of people on entry must be declared in case of:
- Luggage exceeds duty free concessions.
- Luggage sent before/ after trips.
- Professional equipment temporarily imported/exported or vice versa.
- Addictive medicines.
- Other medicines exceed 30 USD in value.
- Foreign currency exceeds 7,000 USD (or its equivalence other foreign currency) or over 15,000,000 VND in cash.
Goods of commercial nature and articles of high value require export permits issued by the Customs Office. Antiques, some precious stones, animals, plants listed in Vietnam's red-book may not be brought out of the country. Weapons, ammunition, explosives, military technical equipment, drugs, toxic chemicals. Documents related to the national security, etc. A quantity over 300g of gold must be declared and be permitted by the State Bank.